- The competition will consist of a series of rounds, in each of which players will play head to head on a number of machines drawn at random from all the functioning machines at the show.
- If all players in a match agree, they may request one substitute machine in each round (to avoid playing a malfunctioning or badly set up game)
- Maximum competition entries will be limited to 64 (if less than the maximum number is reached the numbers below may be modified to suit the actual entries)
- “Best of 3” will be calculated on a win/lose basis, with the first player to win 2 games being declared the winner, at which point the round ends for that pair.
- “Mini league” results will be calculated on a Points basis (1st place 9 pts, 2nd 5 pts, 3rd 2 pts, 4th 0 pts)
Round 1: Max 64 players
11am to 12 noon
- Players compete in pairs in a “best of 3” match on up to 3 different randomly chosen machines.
- No-one goes out of the tournament in this round.
- Winners in this round join Group A, Losers join Group B
Round 2: Max 64 Players
12 noon to 2pm
- Group A and Group B are each divided into sets of up to 4 players and play a “mini league” match on 5 randomly chosen different machines.
- In each Group A set: Top placed player gets a bye to Round 4, Second placed player progresses to round 3, Remaining players drop out.
- In each Group B set: Top two placed players progress to Round 3,
- Remaining players drop out
Round 3: 24 Players
2pm to 3pm
- Players are divided into sets of 4 players and play a “mini league” match on 3 randomly chosen different machines.
- Top placed player in each set progresses to Round 4
- Other remaining players drop out
Round 4: 14 Players
3pm to 4pm
- Players are divided into pairs and play a “mini-league” match on 3 randomly chosen different machines.
- Winner in each pair progresses to Round 5, loser drops out except the best performing loser also progresses to Round 5.
- Best performing loser will be calculated by taking the overall losing players actual score as a percentage of the overall winning players score on each of the machines separately and then taking the average.
Round 5: 8 Players
4pm to 5pm
- Players are divided into pairs and play a “mini league” match on 3 randomly chosen different machines.
- The winner of each pair progresses to The Final
The Final: 4 Players
- Players play finals as a foursome mini – league.
- Each player chooses one machine to play and a further machine is drawn at random
Note: Rounds will start earlier if previous round games are completed
Results of the 2017 Big Flip competition